JUNIOR VENUE OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
The Truman Brewery, one of London’s coolest destinations, also hosts renowned dry hire events, and is looking to recruit a new junior Venue Operations Executive.
- Collating specific documents (e.g contracts, risk assessments, event floor plans, event schedules etc.) and general administration work for each event.
- To be the responsible client contact during hire periods and tend to any queries or emergencies which might arise in the venue.
- Client account management to develop strong working relationships with clients through great service and follow-up.
- Frequent communication with suppliers to arrange and book staffing.
- Willing to be flexible and assist as necessary in all aspects of the day to day running of the office and our events. To include early get-ins (sign on checks) for events and acting as onsite duty venue representative during out of office hours events.
- Meeting clients; conducting site visits and interpreting event requirements.
- Develop a good knowledge of the venue, the type of events held here and procedures involved to run an event in the venue.
- Integrating with our different size teams (events, estates, maintenance, accounts, car parking attendants) to ensure a smooth transition from sale to post event.
- Conducting both sales meetings and event production meetings.
- Maintain, update and expand the database.
- A degree of pro-active sales to generate new sales and new business opportunities.
- Venue upkeep.
- Inform car parks, main reception and staff of upcoming events.
- Develop understanding of health and safety aspects of events.
- Checking work done by cleaning/maintenance staff.
- Weekend coverage as and when needed.
There may be other responsibilities that we hand over to you as and when appropriate, depending on your skills and personal development.
- Previous experience in the Events Industry (ideally in venue operations and logistics).
- Excellent and efficient organisational skills.
- Numerical competence and attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word. (CAD related knowledge a bonus).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the confidence to liaise with clients and suppliers.
- Hardworking, focused and determined in your approach to work.
- Bright, friendly and personable character is vital to the role with a keen interest in the events industry.
- Ability to use initiative and think on feet and adhere to venue procedures and policies.
- Excellent telephone manner.
Please note this is not an event coordinating role, as The Truman Brewery is a dry hire venue.
We offer 28 days holiday paid (8 of which are bank holiday). The remaining should be used 5 days per quarter unless agreed in advance. This starts after your first 3 months of employment.
GENERAL WORKING HOURS:
Monday to Friday 9am-6pm / 8am-5pm and be flexible to work weekends, early mornings or evenings when required.
Generally, weekends worked would be in lieu of weekdays.
You will be contracted to worked 45 hours a week, 9 hours per day with a 6 month probationary period.